What is the Mencap Centre?
Mencap Centre is the main office for Mencap Northern Ireland and a new kind of meeting space for Belfast, housing:
- a state-of-the-art Children’s Centre and accessible playground
- youth activity rooms
- therapeutic treatment rooms
- training and conference facilities
- five meeting spaces available for hire at highly competitive rates
- a large open plan office for Mencap staff, services and projects.
Where is the Mencap Centre?
Located just off the A55 ring-road in South Belfast, Mencap Centre boasts off road parking and an exceptionally high standard of facilities throughout.
Features and facilities
A unique and modern venue, Mencap Centre is the perfect location for a wide variety of activities and boasts many attractive features:
- convenient location, near City Centre and main arterial routes
- free, off-street parking for all guests
- free Wi-Fi
- all meeting rooms air conditioned
- video conferencing and conference call facilities available for hire
- complementary whiteboard and flipchart hire available
- fully wheelchair accessible
- full catering menu available to all bookings.
Book facilities at Mencap Centre
To book a meeting, training course or conference room contact Mencap:
- phone 028 9069 1351
- email email@example.com
Watch our video to see the facilities on offer.
Mencap Centre is a radical step for the future of children and young people with a learning disability and their families across Northern Ireland.
We are giving people with a learning disability the best start in life and supporting them here and now to be fully included in society.
The grand opening!
Mencap Centre was officially opened in March 2016 by the First and Deputy First Minister of Northern Ireland and is the first of its kind for Mencap.
Watch this video to see the opening of Mencap Centre.
Funding the Mencap Centre
The centre cost £4.6million to build, with the majority of the funding coming from the Department of Health, Social Services and Public Safety.
Local organisations, businesses and individuals also contributed more than £1.7 million through the Big Step Forward Appeal, the charity’s largest fundraising campaign to date.
Major donors included:
Complete our booking form to book a room (including catering) at Mencap Centre.
Once completed return the form to firstname.lastname@example.org.